So excited that I have been nominated for a Liebster Award 2015 by Beth Gregory from International Play Girl.
The Liebster Award was created in order to promote new bloggers with under 200 followers. The word “liebster” has German origins and it means beloved, dearest, sweetheart.
In accordance with the Liebster award rules, Beth asked me 11 questions.
- What are 11 fun facts about you?
1) What I enjoy a lot is doing short trips in small cities or villages close to the city I live in
2) I love travelling by plane
3) My favorite island is Mykonos in Greece
4) … But Santorini has the best sunset view
5) I have a BSc in Psychology and I’m getting ready for a Masters in Occupational Psychology
6) Despite the fact that I’m not a big fan of sports I’ve tried a lot of them.
7) I speak Greek, English, Spanish and French
8) … and I’m learning Dutch
9) My first most proud travel moment: when I fit clothes+ accessories for 2 days in a handbag
10) My second most proud travel moment: when I didn’t get lost on my way to the Dalí museum, in Barcelona
11) I’m a biiiiig book reader!!
- What is your favourite social media platform and why?
I love facebook a lot. By using my personal profile I can join facebook groups and communicate with other travel bloggers. Also, by using my page profile I can schedule my posts and I can advertise my articles.
- What is your favourite travel destination and why? And what is your least favourite?
Difficult question… I would go for the Greek islands. I like the fact that they combine the green nature and the sea. Needless to say that I like the Mediterranean cuisine! I don’t really have a least favorite travel destination. Every country and every city have something beautiful.
- Any travel horror stories?
Hmmm, not really. Around a month ago during a trip in Scotland I stayed in a creepy chalet in the middle of nowhere. There was no internet connection, no mobile signal and no houses close to our chalet. That made me feel quite uncomfortable.
- What’s your favourite cuisine?
I love the Mediterranean cuisine! There is a very big selection of meat and vegetables and it’s tasty & healthy at the same time. I can say that my favorite plate is pastitsio & the greek salad.
- Which blog post are you most proud of?
My favorite blog post is this of the Colorful cities. I believe that colorful buildings give a sense of optimism, especially when they’re located in big cities.
- What inspired your blog name?
I was inspired by Jules Verne’s book «Around The World in Eighty Days» . The protagonist’s name is Phileas Fogg and his main goal is to explore the world in 80 days. I read the book when I was in the primary school and I not only loved the protagonist’s name and his personality but also his adventurous life during those 80 days.
- What’s the most useful or important thing you’ve learnt on your travels?
The most important thing I’ve learnt is that you don’t need to spend a lot of money while travelling in order to have a good time. All you need is to have good mood and good company.
- Where do you see yourself in a years time?
I can see myself working as a Psychologist and exploring the world. Furthermore, I would love to travel to Latin America and work there for some time. I’m amazed by the language and the culture!
- What are your travel essentials?
I always take a wee plastic bottle with shower gel and shampoo/ conditioner with me. I never forget my iPhone because it has some very useful apps which make my life easier.
- What inspired you to create a blog?
My love about traveling and visiting new places. I would like to raise awareness about places that are not so popular. Also, a main purpose of the blog is to collect a lot of useful and practical information about the places I have visited. For example, I want to get my audience know approximately the amount of money the would spend in accommodation, for their food in the X place, how they go from one place to another etc.
I would now like to nominate:
- Brittany from The Wandering Millennial
- Ryan from A Backpack & A Boarding Pass (also find her on facebook)
- Amber from Travel and Pictures
- Rhoni from Living our life
- Sabrina from In My Suitcase TraveLifestyle
- Gauri from Travel with Gauri
- Phoebe from Transient 20s
- Caroline from Boppinalong
- Anastasiya from Caffeine Berry
- Jessica from Come Away With Me (also find her on facebook)
…and last but not least
- Kirsten from The Wandering Brunette
Instructions for Nominees:
- Create a blog post on your site, answering the questions that I’ve provided below.
- In your post, be sure to link back to the blog who nominated you (aka myself/Beth of International Playgirl) with a thank you and shout out.
- After completing the questions, add a section for your nominees. Select, list and link 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers. Provide these instructions. Finally, create 11 questions for them to answer.
- Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they know what to do.
- Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so I can check out your answers.
Questions for nominees
- Can you give 5 random facts about you?
- What’s your favorite travel destination?
- What’s your favorite dish from abroad and what’s your favorite dish from your country?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What’s the hardest part of blogging?
- When and where was your first trip?
- What’s your favorite country? Describe one activity you did there and you’ll never forget.
- What inspired your blog’s name?
- What’s your favorite airlines or third-party sites for booking your flights?
- In which countries have you lived in?
- Did you have any unpleasant moment when travelling? How did you face it?